Sunday, July 19, 2009

STORYTELLERS

What to say? I am just sitting here feeling pretty good and blessed. There is so much craziness in the world that I am thankful that I have Someone to look to. That Someone is God. As I look around me, I see the need for God in the lives of people. My only hope and prayer is that they find Him. It's a blessing to know that He is right there waiting for them...if only they knew it. But instead I see them running to this and that. It is not always an easy thing to tell people what they need to hear....I know I don't always want to hear what I need. So I am not the one to let them know exactly what it should be or shouldn't be, I sit back and I listen. I listen and I pray. I pray that things will work out for them, that everything will come together. Then I leave it in the hands of God, after all He is the one that has the power to help them, not I. So I turn it over to Him and let it go. It would be unhealthy for me to carry all that around. When I talk to people I always seem to fall into the category of the listener, which is fine because I love stories. They get a listener and I get a story, sounds like a fair trade. But at times the stories I hear are so massive and so strong that I have to take a step back and regroup. Those are the stories that tend to stay with me for awhile. I will admit that they sometimes go to bed with me and sit by my pillow when I wake. It's just hard to shake them, but as time goes on they go away or another one comes along.

There are times when I have no stories....when I am not giving my self? This must be the times when I am eating my own stories. Times when I have closed the book on others only to stare at the pages of my own book. And by doing so, who am I helping? There are times when I have stared at my book for so long. Not sharing my stories but just staring at them. From time to time I may come up with an ending to one of them, and may even attempt to act on that ending. But....that's another blog for another day.

For now I will be the listener that prays....

No comments:

Post a Comment